Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Simple Rubric to Find Your Spiritual Gifts


A SIMPLE TEST OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS AT WORK IN THE CHURCH

Circle the areas in each category that best describe what you love to do. Count the circles and add the number to the bottom left.  A possible high point could indicate areas of gifting or special ministry.

ENCOURAGEMENT/PRAYER
·         I love to pray
·         I love to spend time alone thinking about God
·         I love spending time reading the Bible
·         I sense when people are ‘down’ and try to make them feel better
·         People leave me feeling better about their problems; they have more hope
·         I try to find ways to let people know they are loved
HELPING / SERVICES
·         I love pitching in ‘behind the scenes’
·         I really like cleaning
·         I enjoy preparing food or cooking
·         I enjoy activities that are active
·         I much prefer to be “doing”
·         I like to offer to help people when needed
·         I live to go on mission trips that help people
 HOSPITALITY/EVANGELISM
·         I love visiting people
·         I love hosting people at my home
·         I love meeting people
·         People love to hang out at my home
·         I am first to greet newcomers or regulars
·         I like sharing my faith/church with people
 
LEADING /ADMINISTRATION
·         I like inspiring others to positive change
·         I like to set the pace for effective work in the church and the community
·         I love bringing organization to chaos
·         I pay attention to detail
·         People respect  and trust me
·         I like feeling I helped in successfully accomplishing a goal
·         I see a need and initiate actions to fill the need
 
MERCY / GIVING
·         I see needs of people around me
·         I give because it give me joy
·         I seek ways to share what I have with others
·         I like to find concrete ways to help those in need (feeding, job placement, medical care, literacy, etc.)
·         I think of how others will react to actions or programs
 
TEACHING
·         I like to learn
·         I get excited learning new things and sharing them with others.
·         I like studying the Bible and helping others to understand it better
 
I
Scores:
Encouragement / Prayer   ___
Helping/Service____
Hospitality/Evangelism____
Mercy/Giving____
Leadership/Administration____
Teaching____
Optional: If you would like to hear about your responses, write your name and contact information here.
 

 This simple form can be printed and used in small groups, churches, or other settings. It very simple and serves only as a means to help begin the process of identifying possible areas of strength, interest, and possible gifting.
--Marilyn A. Hudson, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment